If you have filed a petition for divorce and have children under the age of 18, you will have to participate in court-ordered parenting classes. This class must be attended by both parents (not at the same time) and focus on the best interest of your children. You will learn how to communicate more effectively and how to handle certain situations that may arise during and/or after your divorce.
The following is a list of court-approved parenting classes in the North Florida area. Please check with your specific county as to which class is required, as not all counties accept online course attendance.
- Putting Kids First (Online class for all counties)
- A Positive Divorce Resolution (all counties)
- Course for Parents (all counties)
- Hope Haven (Clay, Duval and Nassau – Putting Children First class)
- Parent Education & Family Stabilization Course (4th Judicial Circuit)
- 2 Parents 2 Homes (4th Judicial Circuit)
For additional court-approved courses, please review the DCF Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course Provider list. There may be additional parenting classes available. Check with your attorney or Clerk of the Courts for more information.